Graduate Double Degree Program
program in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology Management, Industrial Technology & Operations, Applied Physics, Mathematical Finance, and Stuart School of Business one-year M.S. programs with IIT’s partner schools in Europe
• Students selected by their partner school may apply to IIT for a one-year Master's degree in the fields mentioned above. The school must submit to IIT Paris the names, fields of study, and email addresses of those selected to pursue the Master's degree at IIT.
• At IIT they will pursue the Professional Master's degree with research project option for 1.5 years or 3 semesters.
• Successful completion of the degree at IIT, and equivalent degree requirements at their home university/Grande Ecole, will ensure that the candidate will receive two degrees – (for example -Master’s at IIT and Diplôme d’Ingenieur from a French Grande Ecole or "Ingeniero" degree from a Spanish university).
Professional Master’s Degree (Duration 9 months) - Final year of study or Master spécialisé /Post-Diplom
• Selected candidates from partner schools may apply to IIT for the 9-month course-only professional Master's upon completion of their equivalent degree at the home university/Grande Ecole.
• The Master’s degree chosen may be of a different specialization to the degree the applicant already has from his/her home university/Grande Ecole
Master of Science Degree (Minimum 2 years)
• Applicants who have completed a 3 or 4-year Bachelor’s degree may apply to IIT for the Master of Science degree with thesis.
• Please note that applicants with a 3-year bachelor's degree may not be guaranteed admission to a Master's program at IIT Chicago. The coursework will be evaluated by the concerned department at IIT Chicago on a case-by-case basis and may result in a recommendation that the applicant complete the necessary pre-requisite coursework for a semester or for a year, where applicable, before applying to a Master's degree program to a certain department at IIT Chicago.
Ph.D. Degree (3 – 6 years)
• Applicants who have completed a 3 or 4-year Bachelor’s degree and a 2- year Master’s degree may apply to IIT for the Ph.D. degree
• Applicants wishing to be considered for the Master’s/Ph.D. Track option with only a Bachelor’s degree, must apply at the Master’s level and indicate on the professional statement with the application, the intention of continuing for a Ph.D.
• Engineering students who wish to specialize in one of the programs offered at our Stuart School of Businesss ( www.stuart.iit.edu ), e.g. MS in Finance, MS in Environmental Management, MS in Marketing Communications, may do so with prior approval from their home institution. The cost for the Stuart School of Business programs is different - see www.iit.edu/bursar/tuition_and_fees_stuart1314.shtml .
Application Procedure for Prospective Applicants for Fall or Spring
• Cost for Graduate program: www.iit.edu/bursar/tuition_and_fees_gr1314.shtml
• Only pre-selected students from IIT partner schools may apply to this program
• Application fee is waived for applicants selected from partner schools .
The discipline or field of study you choose at IIT will correspond to a specific department that is part of a school or college at IIT. For example, if you wish to pursue a master's in electrical engineering you will find the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering under the Armour College of Engineering
Thus, if interested in any engineering field, go to: Armour College of Engineering - http://engineering.iit.edu/
• Computer science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Applied Physics - http://science.iit.edu
• Business programs - http://stuart.iit.edu
• Psychology - http://humansciences.iit.edu/psychology
• Design - https://www.id.iit.edu/
• Architecture - https://arch.iit.edu
• Information Technology & Management, Industrial Technology & Management and Food Process Engineering - https://appliedtech.iit.edu